What comes to your mind when you first think about pest control companies? It’s poisonous, risky for my children, can harm my furniture, I don’t trust strangers.
Here are 5 Expectations that can go under the umbrella of “Urban Myths” about Pest Control Services, matched with the actual Reality you need to know.
1- I should mop & clean up my home after the pest control visit.
You should never clean your home after the visit is over;
It’s best to avoid mopping your floors for 6-8 weeks. Also, skip on wiping the surfaces of the edges and kickboards of your walls. In the meantime, dusting and using the vacuum cleaner should be completely sufficient. Mopping & cleaning will weaken the effects of the products on pests, you only get to clean up “before” the visit takes place in order to allow the pest control inspectors to reach out for all suspicious corners around your house.
Point to be added, the only surface you can clean after the visit is the one that gets in direct contact with food and beverages.
2- If your space is clean, you’ll never need pest control.
Unlike what’s commonly known, pests can reach out for your super duper clean apartment only for the sake of finding shelter!
Yes, dirty houses have a higher percentage of attracting all kinds of pests, but it’s never been the definite answer.
Here are some reasons you might be getting pest in your house:
- Holes, Cracks and Damaged Screens; they might be finding your home the perfect place to stay within through these cracks and holes of your space.
- Woods; If you have woods or wooden furniture at home, you are attracting pests like termites and carpenter ants. Logs are food for termites, when they find it, they eat non-stop causing severe damage.
- Paper; Piles of papers that are rarely touched can be a big draw for silverfish and even cockroaches.
Check this article about What Type of Bugs Eat Paper
3- I can handle Bed-bugs alone.
Bed-bugs can enter your home creeping through luggage, clothing, used beds and couches, and other items. They have flattened bodies to make it possible for them to fit into tiny spaces, you can compare it to the width of a credit card. Bed-bugs do not go for nests like ants or bees, they tend to live in groups in hiding places. Their foremost hiding places are in mattresses and bed frames where they get the easiest access to people to bite in the night.
Bed bugs cannot be handled by normal people, as they can:
- Lay 200 – 500 eggs over a two month period in batches of 10 – 50.
- They can survive for weeks to months without blood feeding, waiting for the human host existence.
- They scatter through the bedroom, creeping into any crevice or protected location. They can also spread to nearby rooms or apartments.
What you need to do is to reach out for a professional help,
4- I can rely on my cat to keep my property free from rats and mice.
Hard to swallow pill; Your cat will definitely do the opposite of the thing you expect her to do in the first place! They have no rules and no guidelines.
Cats mostly only catch mice when they are feeling playful
In spite of the common image of cats chasing mice in plenty of films and television shows, they’re couch potato!
In conclusion, cats won’t protect you, cleaning won’t protect you & traditional ways won’t protect you
Only pest control company professionals can utterly save you the time, effort and hassle once and for good.
Why to reach out for pest control companies?
- Wipe off rats and mice by setting traps and filling the gaps in the most critical places around your house.
- Eliminate bed-bugs, fleas, ticks, beetles, ants, cockroaches & silverfish using the most effective techniques and materials, based on global pest management standards.
- Educate you about health tips & tricks of how to maintain the protection strategy over your home, children, pets & furniture.
Expectation & Reality no.5: Professionals will get your back!