Dealing with pests can be frustrating and time-consuming, so many homeowners turn to professional pest control services for help.
Perhaps you’re concerned about the potential harm they could cause, including poison that may be risky for children and could damage furniture. Additionally, you might feel uneasy about allowing strangers into your home.
However, these expectations fall under the category of “urban myths” surrounding pest control services. So, in this article, we’ll take a look at common pest control myths and shed light on the actual reality behind them.
5 Pest Control Service Myths & Truths
1. EXPECTATION: I SHOULD MOP & CLEAN UP MY HOME AFTER THE PEST CONTROL VISIT.
You should never clean your home after the pest control services visit is over.
It’s best to avoid mopping your floors for 6-8 weeks. Also, skip wiping the surfaces of the edges and kickboards of your walls. In the meantime, dusting and using a vacuum cleaner should be completely sufficient.
Mopping and cleaning the surfaces after treatment will weaken the effects of the pest control products used.
So, it’s recommended that you clean your home before the visit to allow pest control inspectors to access all suspicious corners. However, after treatment, you should always clean any surfaces that come into direct contact with food and beverages.
2. EXPECTATION: IF YOUR SPACE IS CLEAN, YOU’LL NEVER NEED PEST CONTROL.
Contrary to popular belief, pests can show up at even the most spotless of houses in search of shelter. While it’s true that dirty houses have a higher likelihood of attracting pests, it’s not always the case.
Here are some reasons why you may be experiencing pest issues in your home:
- Pests may enter your home through holes, cracks, and damaged screens. These openings provide easy access to your space, making it the perfect place for them to stay.
- If you have wood or wooden furniture in your home, you may be attracting pests like termites and carpenter ants. Termites feed on logs and can cause significant damage to wooden structures.
- Piles of paper that are rarely disturbed can be a big draw for silverfish and even cockroaches. These pests are attracted to the starch found in paper products.
- You can check this article about what type of bug eats paper for more info.
3. EXPECTATION: I CAN HANDLE BED BUGS ALONE.
Bed bugs can sneak into your home through luggage, clothing, used beds and couches, and other items. They have flat bodies that allow them to fit into tiny spaces, even as thin as a credit card.
Unlike ants or bees, bed bugs don’t build nests but rather live in groups in hiding places. They tend to reside in mattresses and bed frames where they have easy access to unsuspecting victims for their nightly bites.
Dealing with bed bugs is not a task for the average person because they can:
- Lay 200-500 eggs over a two-month period, with each batch containing 10-50 eggs.
- Survive for weeks or even months without feeding on blood, waiting for a human host to appear.
- Scatter throughout the bedroom and hide in any crevice or protected location. They can also spread to nearby rooms or apartments.
So, if you find yourself dealing with bed bugs, the best thing you can do is seek professional help from nearby pest control services.
4. EXPECTATION: I CAN RELY ON MY CAT TO KEEP MY PROPERTY FREE FROM RATS AND MICE.
Let’s face it; when it comes to cats, they pretty much do whatever they want. So, don’t expect your feline friend to act in a certain way because they have no rules to follow.
Contrary to popular belief, cats aren’t always the best at catching mice. They might go after them when they’re feeling playful, but otherwise, they’re more likely to be found lounging on the couch.
So, if you’re dealing with a pest problem, don’t rely on your cat to protect you or think that cleaning and traditional methods will do the trick. The only surefire way to get rid of pests for good is to call in the professionals from a pest control company.
If you don’t know the danger of pests and insects on your precious pets, you really should check out our article on the dangers of ticks on dogs and cats here.
5. EXPECTATION & REALITY: PROFESSIONALS WILL HAVE YOUR BACK!
Attempting to solve your pest problem on your own will often lead to disappointment and even more problems. That’s why it’s important to reach out to a pest control company for help.
These companies have access to specialized tools and treatments that are not available to the general public and can often resolve the issue more quickly and efficiently than attempting to do it yourself.
Pest control services can:
- Identify the type of pest you’re dealing with, the extent of the infestation, and the most effective method for eliminating it.
- Wipe off rats and mice by setting traps and filling the gaps in the most critical places around your house.
- Eliminate bed bugs, fleas, ticks, beetles, ants, cockroaches, and silverfish using the most effective techniques and materials that meet global pest management standards.
- Provide health education as well as tips and tricks for maintaining the protection of your home, children, pets, and furniture.
- Help you to prevent future infestations by providing ongoing maintenance and inspections. This can save you time, money, and the frustration of dealing with pests again in the future.
Ultimately, when it comes to pest control, it’s best to leave it to the experts. By reaching out to reputable pest control companies in Egypt, like SWF, you can ensure that the job is done right the first time and get back to enjoying your home or business without the stress of pests.
How Much Do Pest Control Services Cost?
Pest control prices can vary depending on the type of pest, the extent of the infestation, the size of the area being treated, and the specific pest control company providing the services.
What’s the Difference Between Residential and Commercial Pest Control Services?
Residential pest control services focus on treating pests in individual homes, while commercial pest control services cater to businesses and large commercial buildings. The treatments, methods, and pricing differ due to the varying needs and regulations in each setting. At SWF, we offer both services so you can use our services to protect your home and office.
Ready to talk to see how we can (actually) help you with your pest control problems? get in touch with us below.